ban appeal - Erm what the flip

Overlord

Steam Name: Overlord

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89223005

Appeal Type: Dispute

Which staff member banned you?: Coffee

How long is your ban for?: 30 days

Why were you banned?: RDM x1/ Lying to staff

Yep so I got banned for 1 month for my 1st offence ever on the server being RDM and "lying to UA" by HA Coffee. Its evident im under a bit of scrutiny since Saito has been baiting us to arrest him on his Volk character , purposely jaywalking in front of me on my LAPO character and coming back to interact with us after weve killed him. In the clip provided youll see that Saito , another staff member and other staff members in the staff chat are speaking of LAPO in a negative manner  , showing implicit bias in their decision making before the situation even happened. Subsequently Saito purposefully jaywalks IMMEDIATELY after I say IC "hes all right"  divulging from the legal crosswalk to the road on purpose, again showing his willfulness to create a hostile situation with us. On other servers with more .... experienced ... staff might call this "RDM baiting" or "cop baiting". Knowing this will initiate a stop, he then runs into the LAPO station with his weapon off safety and attempts to escape. I order 2 guys to hold the garage 1 to the front door and I wrap to the courts since he only has one avenue of escape over there and I saw him through the window as he ran through the corridor in 3rd person, informing me was moving away from the front door. Subsequently Saito leaves the courts and I say "stop moving" 1 time as I jump to avoid his aim but my mic was off and I was out of voice range anyway and didnt give much headway since his gun was out. I then shoot Saito , albeit a bad choice as I should have attempted to close distance and given him time for my orders however, any weapon that is off safety looks on safety while sprinting , and the last time I saw Saito was with his weapon off safety , corroborated in the clip provided. Therefore I was under the impression his gun was off safety as he backpedaled , constituting an active threat and could have shot me or started shooting at any time. Which is the main reason I was so quick to shoot, I wouldnt have done so under different circumstances such as him being unarmed or compliant, but its evident I made the wrong split seconds decision in this OOC trap set by members of the staff team deliberately to facilitate a rulebreak on my end, NOT an actual RP scenario. I find it odd that you could not just spectate me if I was actually breaking the rules but instead created a situation in which an unidentified threat essentially raids the LAPO station and flees with his weapon off safety, intentionally  blurring the lines between active and passive threat so that you can ban me. I shouldnt have shot him that quickly but him sprinting with a weapon which animation does not dictate it being on or off safety in a facilitated situation to catch me in a rulebreak says a lot about the staff members involved with my sit and how far they will go to see me banned. I frankly thinks this shows a crazy bias as if you check my logs I had already killed Saito for pulling a weapon while under FearRP, so him and his friend come back 10 minutes later with their staff buddy on overwatch to create an OOC trap to get me banned for RDM. I dont expect to get unbanned since a member of UA is involved with another Senior Staff member to create this little bundle of fun and said immediately decided I was 'lying' when I described my POV of the situation , essentially saying if I didn't state explicitly that I meant to RDM this guy I was lying to staff , pulling and banning me in under 3 minutes. Fortunately for them and Saitos Volk char I don't have a clip of the situation or the situation of the person who reported me baiting multiple gunfights under fearrp (and dying) since my medal was corrupted , but im sure the pristine staff here at prometheus networks will look at logs and corroborate his multiple deaths with this event and see that after multiple times getting gunned down he finally managed to facilitate a rulebreak from me in retaliation, Bravo.

Clip provided in the Sit:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29zNlP5s_vpfCm/UnodVJYEG5YF?invite=cr-MSxuQjgsMzA4Mzc0NDAs?mobilebypass=true

Evidence of Saito being salty since dying yesterday and multiple times today:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29tx7lT9r-tbE5/1KB1yMVkUbDF?invite=cr-MSxnelksMjY1NDc4OTcs

Also the Coffee guy accused me of cheating since im good at the game, since I cant provide a clip of me being good at the game in this scenario heres one from yesterday:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29iSD4uuLbLiUY/d1337R8pvUyt?invite=cr-MSxpMlosMjY1NDc4OTcs

Just look at my other medal clips im so goated !

Edited by Overlord

Please fix your appeal to fit the provided format.

• Winner 1

Hello, I was the staff member who issued the ban.

The first reason for your ban was because you RDM'd another player. This breaks the following rules:

General rule:

2. You must have a valid RP reason to kill someone. You may shoot someone if they damage you with a weapon/vehicle. You may not shoot someone because of their physical appearance, faction or simply because they insulted you. You must give someone a verbal or text warning and allow them 10 seconds to respond before escalating the roleplay. Following this warning, you may kill them if they pull out a weapon. Do not bait someone to shoot/RDM you, and do not punch minge or initiate arguments to harass someone.

Killing Rule:

1. You may not randomly kill someone without proper roleplay reason. (RDM)

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29zNlP5s_vpfCm/JxuPwg7oZ3YI?invite=cr-MSxYNnIsMjA3NjI0ODM5LA

In this clip, you just gun down Saito without any roleplay, reasoning, or escalation whatsoever.

The second reason for your ban was lying to a member of UA.

When you were brought to a sit I asked why you killed Saito.

Here was your response:

https://imgur.com/a/Z1wpjgD

You told a completely different story from what is shown in the clip.

That is where you were lying to UA.

I gave you multiple chances to just be honest about the situation, but you stuck with your story.

You broke the rules, and you have been given a fair punishment for breaking the rules.

In the clip provided youll see that Saito , another staff member and other staff members in the staff chat are speaking of LAPO in a negative manner  , showing implicit bias in their decision making before the situation even happened.

This is dumb. I'm going to pretend you didn't type this.

Subsequently Saito purposefully jaywalks IMMEDIATELY after I say IC "hes all right"  divulging from the legal crosswalk to the road on purpose, again showing his willfulness to create a hostile situation with us. On other servers with more .... experienced ... staff might call this "RDM baiting" or "cop baiting".

This is even more stupid. This isn't FiveM.

Subsequently Saito leaves the courts and I say "stop moving" 1 time as I jump to avoid his aim but my mic was off and I was out of voice range anyway and didnt give much headway since his gun was out. I then shoot Saito , albeit a bad choice as I should have attempted to close distance and given him time for my orders however, any weapon that is off safety looks on safety while sprinting , and the last time I saw Saito was with his weapon off safety , corroborated in the clip provided.

Long-winded way of admitting you actually did what you were being called to the sit for.

but its evident I made the wrong split seconds decision in this OOC trap set by members of the staff team deliberately to facilitate a rulebreak on my end, NOT an actual RP scenario.

You are retarded.

Evidence of Saito being salty since dying yesterday and multiple times today:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29tx7lT9r-tbE5/1KB1yMVkUbDF?invite=cr-MSxnelksMjY1NDc4OTcs

Interesting that you provided a clip that blatantly shows you and your friends using Discord or other external communication. I'm also pretty sure that the guy who shoots Saito here was one of the ones we banned that evening for cheating.

Had you decided to actually dispute the "Lying to UA" portion on this ban without being snide, I'd be more willing to give you a ban reduction. I don't care to read any of your conjecture about why you think the staff team is out to get you. 

This is denied.

• Like 1

• Hound locked this topic