Staff app

just lavinder

Steam Name: just lavinder

SteamID32: STEAM_1:0:161952042

Discord Username/ID: funny_fellow

Timezone: MST

Time Played (check with !time): 1w 6d 9h (approximately)

Your current rank(User/Donator/Trusted): Donator

Do you have a mic & will you use it?: yes I have a good quality microphone

Are you consistently active on the forums and server?: almost daily

Did anyone from the Recruitment Team assist you in making your application?: @Coffee & @Doofles

Staff Recommendations (Sponsors will be asked to verify): N/A

Basic Information Section
IC Character names, ranks, and brief overview of their duties/everyday activities in a list format: Jørgen Næss a Gehilfe in the Ministry of Procurement

How long have you been roleplaying?: 6 years in SCP:SL RP and ARMA 3 and seriously on Prometheus for 2ish years 

Have you received any infractions i.e Notes/Bans? If so, what were they for and what could you have done to prevent getting them next time?: 1x RDM 2xfail RP 2xLATP 1xLTARP 1xTelling Major Whoreson to "suck my nuts" truthfully I was a total minge when I first joined server/GMod in general and I don't really have anything to say in defense of myself other than I've since maturity and take it more seriously since then my newest ban/warn was 7 months ago

Staff Knowledge Section
What previous experience so you have as a staff member either within Garry’s Mod or the Nutscript Gamemode?: I only have staff experience outside of GMod

Why do you believe we should pick you for the Prometheus Networks Staff Team?[300 words or more]: 

Although I know I haven't been the best member of the community at times, I've certainly been a member of the community for a long time. I have a good understanding of the community and rules in place at Prometheus, and I am a comparatively active person because I have finished school. I have no job along with the fact I have an abhorrent sleep schedule. 

This means I can be extremely active. I'd definitely be able to assist people when there are only twenty or so on the server. This is primarily the reason why I'm making a staff app, so I can assist the staff team at times when staff members are required, but none are available. 

For example, last night I kept getting massed and there were no staff available for many hours. I want to fill the gap in staff availability and just generally improve the experience for the players during the off hours, so people can fish in peace or even roleplay if they can somehow do that with twenty people on. 

I have no previous staff experience, but I pick up on new things quickly. If it's earlier in the morning, I'd try to educate the rulebreakers before giving them a ban. I believe we're here to inform the players before punishing them. They might not know what they have done wrong. 

I've also done a lot for the server in character. Besides that, I really want to get some experience with Nutscript/GMod because I've never used it before and am excited to learn and to get back into a community support role as I had in SCP:SL RP, because I've met a the lot of chill people on Prometheus that I play with even outside the server, and I'd love to make sure everyone gets the same quality experience I was given when I first joined.

What are the duties and responsibilities of the position you are applying for in your own words? [150 Words or more]: 

As a moderator, your job is to take tickets and deal with matters of lesser importance such as RDM VDM LATP LTARP or FailRP 

so that higher up Staff members have time to deal with more important tickets like government PKs, your job is to also be a neutral understanding and unbiased party for the players of the community along with resolving any issues they may have out of character.

you should also strive to be a pillar of the community in character such as helping out new players and maintaining order in your department to ensure that everybody has a good experience rather they've been playing for years or just started , it's also important that you balance your staff job along with your in character jobs and duties, but above all you should always conduct yourself professionally even outside of the server as your actions may be associated with Prometheus Networks.

Notes: I'm not a NEET I swear

-1 Furry

Posted (edited)

-1 furry

Edited by Lawson

-1 , furry...

oh my god.

-1 furry

-1 furry

1. Barely hitting the Word Counter Requirements
2. -1 Furry
3. Never saw ingame
4. No Community Presence.

NO

Posted (edited)

(ignore this I made a better response and can't delete this one)

Edited by just lavinder

Maybe get some more experience with RP before trying to become staff.
Currently you have one low ranking character and I have never seen you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saito said:

3. Never saw ingame
4. No Community Presence.

it's probably because I'm mostly on at like 4AM 
as for community presence both of my high level chars got deleted during the reset and I haven't really found a faction that I want to grind back up to CO in so usually I spend like 3 hours fishing then get on at max pop for a bit give a bunch of money to people in gunfights then get off I obviously deal with my MOP responsibilities too

1 minute ago, Beach said:

low ranking character

I've had probably 5 CO characters and countless NCO characters in all my time on Prometheus but at this point I've learned I definitely enjoy the lower level and less important RP aspects I like to be able to just walk around and talk to people that's why I love MOP I'm like a walking salesman which is perfect for me but I completely understand your response

I have never seen you on

-1 however I would like to see you build a stronger and healthier community presence overall

-1, no idea who you are, not really much of a good community presence either.

A. Furry
B. I have never seen nor heard of you in my life.

-1 Furry.

...No community presence

-1 Furfag

2 years on prometheus and no one knowing you says a lot

Posted (edited)

-1 Who are you? Build up a further community presence 

oh and -1 furry.

Edited by ItIsÀris

to all the community presence comments I honestly don't know how you expect me to do that my job consists of talking to COs for 4 hours a day I'm not exactly a politician campaigning to the public I genuinely don't know a role in the entire server that requires a constant widespread presence nor do I think it's like I'm not talking to people anytime I'm not spending selling guns I'm talking to someone in various bases

plus it's not like I haven't contributed anything bigger than myself I've been the only contributor to the MOJ several times I was also the best performing CO in the LSS for several months before my char "killed himself" I completely understand the criticism this response isn't me trying to defend myself but me genuinely asking how I'm supposed to do that also I've seen several of the people who have responded to this have said they are neutral on other staff apps because they had never interacted with that person before and yet those people say the exact same things they did on the other app but instead of neutral they gave a -1 on mine for the same reason I'm assuming it's because I'm a lower rank on my char but it'd be nice if I could get clarification on that. thanks