Ultrecht Von Der Elbe PK appeal

Posted (edited)

Character's name & rank:   Ultrecht Von Derk Elbe

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:44617463

Staff member who issued the PK (if you know): Not sure? Although who I did initially work with was EXTREMELY rude, at first he asked me calmly and kindly what the RP reason was why I'd be in tiny china RP'ing with Harmaji, and when I was trying to break it down after like 5 seconds of talking he was like "enough yapping" and PK'd me.  I was working with CheekiThorax in discord however who was VERY respectful and sent me the link to the appeal forums. 

Explain why you were PK'd:  I entered Tiny China to reach out to the owner over a prior RP situation between myself and the NSB, an individual (a gov't Minister I believe) ran out of the back of the Tiny China restaurant and got a KG who alerted the rest of the military to arrest the owner of Tiny China

Why should you be un-PK'd?:  I'm not here seeking a total un-PK, 

Additional Information:   I'm here  wondering why if I was PK'd, and it was a legitimate RP situation, why I'm the only one here permanently killed through this RP situation. I don't care if I was permanently killed if other people in the situation were.  Attached is a 5'ish minute clip of the whole situation. I did not break NLR. I was not acting out of character, Harmaji knew me, I knew Harmaji, he was not an "unknown". 

The person who reported me did so believing I broke NLR, I do not have a clip of that particular interaction where I talked to him about that, but he claimed that I broke NLR and despite me trying to show the clip of the WHOLE RP situation, he chose to accept his 15 seconds of violence as the entirety and also that I was killed by one of his own men and came back and broke NLR.  Once again I don't have a clip of it, he also harassed me afterwards and claimed I was following him when I was walking away when he refused to acknowledge the clip I sent him and that I dd in fact not break NLR.

I would not be coming here and making an appeal like this if I hadn't spent the last 30ish hours working on an in game RP with many characters within the city and making a lot of money and interacting with the server in a very legitimate way. All I ask at the end of the day is if I'm permanently PK'd the other people involved int he RP are also because it makes very little sense that many people died and I'm the only one permanently killed. 

Edited by Minicooper Baddy

Hi, yes you were discussing it with me but it was valyy who PK'd you with the UA approval of Hound

But for me Im going to say -1 as I told you on discord you have been PK'd via the PK guidleines.

Or to simply put it you started a gunfight and died

• Winner 1

Hello. I was the staff who PK'd you. The PK was approved by @Hound. You broke FearRP for Initiating a Gunfight and dying which is visible in your clip at the Timestamp 3:10, as per:

• Dying after initiating a shoot-out [De-rank (Lower Administration), a PK may be authorized by UA if deemed necessary or if it falls under RDM and/or FailRP]

If you wish to PK others for initiating a gunfight and losing, you're more then welcome to make a staff report when that does happen. If you don't report it, they wont get PK'd.

Additional Footage:
https://medal.tv/de/games/garrys-mod/clips/2dHK1mhefg1V4z/XKG1xgHMVLwe?invite=cr-MSwxanMsMjMyMDk1MjY3LA?mobilebypass=true

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, valyy said:

Hello. I was the staff who PK'd you. The PK was approved by @Hound. You broke FearRP for Initiating a Gunfight and dying which is visible in your clip at the Timestamp 3:10, as per:

• Dying after initiating a shoot-out [De-rank (Lower Administration), a PK may be authorized by UA if deemed necessary or if it falls under RDM and/or FailRP]

If you wish to PK others for initiating a gunfight and losing, you're more then welcome to make a staff report when that does happen. If you don't report it, they wont get PK'd.

Additional Footage:
https://medal.tv/de/games/garrys-mod/clips/2dHK1mhefg1V4z/XKG1xgHMVLwe?invite=cr-MSwxanMsMjMyMDk1MjY3LA?mobilebypass=true

Ridiculous. I made it clear during our initial report that I was unsure why I was the only one PK'd, and here I am now making the report asking for the other individuals to be also PK'd.  I have my suspicions why I was the only one PK'd and why our ticket was resolved so hastily and why a 3rd party had to come in and help me out, the rule you are indicating basically is just "If I say you get PK',d or you RDM/BreakRP, you are PK'd", in the situation with you, it was very much so you saying I was PK'd, so I was PK'd despite it being a very legitimate RP situation. 

and I repeat, if you want to PK me, PK every other person I killed there.  There is a very clear 5 minute clip showing the whole interaction and that it was a legitimate RP situation. Lets get the ball rolling. 

1 minute ago, Minicooper Baddy said:

Ridiculous. I made it clear during our initial report that I was unsure why I was the only one PK'd, and here I am now making the report. 

Why would anyone else be PKed here? You initiated a gunfight, taking a gamble on your life, and you lost. You're the only one that fell under a PK guideline.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hound said:

Why would anyone else be PKed here? You initiated a gunfight, taking a gamble on your life, and you lost. You're the only one that fell under a PK guideline.

They took a gamble on life in initiating an RP raid on a political party member and arresting them.  This is not a very good standard for determining who gets PK'd if the only person who can get PK'd is the person who fires the first bullet even if there is an RP situation that necessitates shooting. 

Perma death makes no reasonable sense if the conditions surrounding it are not applied equally to everyone involved making the RP situation happen. 

Just now, Minicooper Baddy said:

They took a gamble on life in initiating an RP raid on a political party member and arresting them. 

What PK guideline did they break? The building isn't owned by an approved resistance/criminal movement, and they didn't start a gunfight. As far as I can tell, you walked back, pulled out a machine gun, and blew them all away before they even knew you were there. 

I can tell you're a newer player, I would advise reading our PK guidelines, found on our Wiki.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Minicooper Baddy said:

They took a gamble on life in initiating an RP raid on a political party member and arresting them.  This is not a very good standard for determining who gets PK'd if the only person who can get PK'd is the person who fires the first bullet even if there is an RP situation that necessitates shooting. 

Thats not how it works. Government Raids do not count as FearRP, since they are deemed legal and under the norm do not expect heavy gunfight. It's their job. It would be retarded to PK everyone who is a cop, raids and dies. You're weren't a cop. You were a citizen.

Edited by valyy

Posted (edited)

Perma death makes no reasonable sense if the conditions surrounding it are not applied equally to everyone involved making the RP situation happen.  IF you want to deny this go ahead, but this is bad RP.  I have 5 minutes of footage showing a legitimate reason and pretense for retaliation, yet I'm the only one who is perma' deathed. Doesn't seem right. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Minicooper Baddy said:

Perma death makes no reasonable sense if the conditions surrounding it are not applied equally to everyone involved making the RP situation happen.

You're trolling. 😭

• Confused 1

Instead of claiming I'm trolling why don't you present a reasonable argument against that point. 

2 minutes ago, Minicooper Baddy said:

Instead of claiming I'm trolling why don't you present a reasonable argument against that point. 

If you wish to argue weather or not the rules are ethical, make a suggestion to change them. As long as the rules stand, you have to obey them or face the consequences.

2 minutes ago, Minicooper Baddy said:

The conditions for permadeath here have already been stated. You were PK'ed for starting a gunfight and dying. You initiated a deadly altercation and died. You took a gamble and lost that gamble. I can't make it make any more sense to you than that.

Posted (edited)

I'm not arguing if the rules are ethical I'm wondering why I was PK'd and no one else was when I broke no rules and it appears the PK was arbitrarily thrown against me because I Pk'd someone high up?

"The conditions for permadeath here have already been stated. You were PK'ed for starting a gunfight and dying. You initiated a deadly altercation and died. You took a gamble and lost that gamble. I can't make it make any more sense to you than that."

Okay but why is it being arbitrarily placed against me and no one else when I didn't break any rules? 

Just now, Minicooper Baddy said:

I'm not arguing if the rules are ethical I'm wondering why I was PK'd and no one else was when I broke no rules and it appears the PK was arbitrarily thrown against me because I Pk'd someone high up?

YOU started the gunfight. YOU died. YOU get PK. The OTHERS DONT get PK'd because they DIDNT INITIATE THIS GUNFIGHT. Am I talking to a 5 year old?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, valyy said:

YOU started the gunfight. YOU died. YOU get PK. The OTHERS DONT get PK'd because they DIDNT INITIATE THIS GUNFIGHT. Am I talking to a 5 year old?

You're the one throwing insults. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why this rule is being placed on me when it seems like it could be applied to anyone by your own quote of the rules

You want to bring the exact rule into it, I didn't fail RP, I didn't RDM, why does this rule get utilized against me and not the people conducting the raid? 

In real life when police conduct raids, is there not a risk? Why is it just the people fighting back who have to take on all the risk? 

The way PK is being dealt out here seems very inauthentic and unreasonable. I think I killed someone higher up, they were salty about it, and decided "hey lets make an example". Why don't they also get an example made out of them? 

You really have some problems with interpreting basic english language

1 minute ago, valyy said:

You really have some problems with interpreting basic english language

Hound can we moderate this behavior?  Am I being rude or uncouth? I haven't attempted to insult anyone here yet all that I'm getting is insults back by this person. Why is there no room for reasonable discussion? 

Denied.

You started a gun fight and you died.

This makes you fall under the PK guideline:

Dying after initiating a shoot-out

No one else in this situation falls under any PK guideline.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Coffee locked this topic