Meridian's PK Appeal

Meridian

Posted (edited)

Character's name & rank: Militärkommissar Samuel Guer

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:119092977

Staff member who issued the PK (if you know): Valy

Explain why you were PK'd: I was enroute to the LF in order to participate in the SKK Selections, with my signed document saying I was permitted within the courtyard, and as I was walking in front of the MoI, a Lapo in a trench coat immediately opened fire on me and attempted to kill me. I proceeded to hide behind a corner of the wall, and when he approached again, I walked out and asked him not to shoot me, and that I had no involvement in the current conflict (this was on the recent Sunday during the city-wide RDM fest between the Lapo-MOI-Military), and that I had a signed document saying I was allowed over there. He ignored my repeated requests to let me be on my way and wouldn't give me time to show him the document so he knew I was telling the truth. He enlisted the help of a Gendarmerie that walked up and attempted to arrest me, and when I resisted, shot me.

Why should you be un-PK'd?: After talking with Valy during the sit and asking around after, I do fully admit that I violated Fear RP, but I honestly didn't know 2 people counted, and I also believed that the SKK Selections would have exempted me from the IC bs that was going on in the city. All the Selectees had an assigned time to be there, and for the endless killing back and forth to interfere with that was pretty frustrating. This is also my first ever offense on this server, and also my main char. I've put a lot of time and effort into this char, and I would greatly regret having to lose him because of this situation. Again, I agree I was in the wrong, but at the time I was under the belief I was in the right.

Additional Information: I mostly just feel that it could have been resolved a better way, I was just instantly pulled into a sit, got told I was getting PKed, and boom it was done. I'd rather have been given the opportunity to be upgraded on my knowledge of PK guidelines, and be given a warning instead of losing a char I've been playing for months now. 

Edited by Meridian

Posted (edited)

"i have nothing to do with whats going on right now"

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2eacsr1T0XzbPs/d1337XtwHDiJ?invite=cr-MSxYQnksMjI0MTMzNTY4LA

Edited by Altoid

Denied.

You broke fear RP and you died.

That makes you fall under the PK guideline:

Being killed while not abiding by Fear-RP

Upon reviewing the clip, you can clearly see that you were given more than enough time to comply with the demands of the two players who were pointing guns at you and repeatedly telling you, "Don't move" "You are being detained" Instead, you failed to comply with the two players who were trying to arrest you and had you under fear RP and as a result, you died. Also, before you were shot, you started saying, "Feel free, go ahead and shoot me... oh no" showing a complete disregard for your life.

I'd recommend reading the PK guidelines if you'd like to avoid situations like this in the future.

• Coffee locked this topic