PK Appeal by Denis Spitz

De Spi

Character's name & rank: NSB-Oberpolizeiinspektor Denis Spitz

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:462352546

Staff member who issued the PK (if you know): ThirdEye

Explain why you were PK'd: Dying while carrying out a PK

Why should you be un-PK'd?: Firstly, my character survived for four hours after the event. Secondly, the situation involved a civilian's suicide PK, during which the individual explicitly requested us to shoot him. He even contacted the staff himself, asking to be PK'd. ThirdEye verified this multiple times, and each time, the civilian confirmed his request. I was accidentally shot in the foot by one of my friends while we were shooting his body, resulting in my death.

Additional Information: Losing all that progress by getting PK'd in a silly situation like that, where the civilian was also a minge, seems really dumb. Also, it's quite unrealistic to die from a foot injury as there is nothing vital in a foot.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i87dfoigV96tkCoF1/d1337gKNaf1e?invite=cr-MSx4TWMsMTgwMTgyMzk0LA

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i8nCad0zLSozUO8fB/d1337d9n8wvm?invite=cr-MSxsS0QsMjE2Mzg0OTE1LA

Edited by De Spi
  • Haha 1

Hello, I am the guy who accidentally PK'd this man.

We were executing a communist who requested a PK on themselves multiple times. As we shoot his dead corpse, the bullets somehow graze through his foot and ends up killing him. I seemingly make a "meta" response, using the word "pk" aswell but whatever. ThirdEye then calls me back in the room and asks why I killed Denis Spitz, to which I explain the situation. Ignoring multiple PK guidelines (last resort, "pking for doing one's legal work", etc), ThirdEye determined this to somehow be a valid pk on Denis Spitz and had it approved by an Administrator, Aurelius. Keep in mind that it wasn't even my intention to kill let alone PK this man as it was purely an accidental kill. ALSO keep in mind that the accidental PK was "overseen" by a moderator which would also violate the PK guidelines (administrators would oversee CO pk's as stated in the guidelines).

This is MY perspective of the situation, which shows where I was actually aiming compared to the original staff clip: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i8nCad0zLSozUO8fB/d1337d9n8wvm?invite=cr-MSxsS0QsMjE2Mzg0OTE1LA

I fully support this PK appeal and hope UA recognises the situation for what it was (we can even void the situation altogether and unPK the civ, that's fine. He requested the PK on himself anyway.)

Edited by TheOblivionist
Clarification

Hello I am the Staff member that requested the PK on your character,

You made a ticket requesting to have a civilian pk'd, because of the civilians request to commit suicide. 

The civilian agreed to being shot, you were informed that the indivdual is PK active and you then decided to pistol whip the civilian to death, however as you were still shooting at the civs body, your colleague pulled out his pistole killing you. 

Unlike what TheOblivionist is stating here, I did not just ignore "PK guidelines (last resort, "pking for doing one's legal work)", you must always beaware that whenever you are executing a PK, that you yourself are at risk of being PK'd. Weither or not your colleague killed you on accident, you took the risk of being pk'd in the situation by personally hitting the civilian to death on your own volition.

I also did not "violate the PK guidelines" for overviewing the situation, as I wasn't there to overwatch a PK on Denis Spitz, I was there to overwatch the requested Suicide PK on a civilian, while overwatching the PK of the civilian, you yourself died while executing the PK, which opened your own character for a PK, on the PK Guideline of Dying while carrying out a PK.

After you were shot by your colleague, a member of the Administration reviewed a clip of the situation and approved this PK.

Edit: Before this appeal I have not seen the other perspective of the NSB-Chefinspektor. In the other colleagues perspective it does look like he was attempting to shoot the civilians body and shot you on accident. Because of the new perspective of the situation I just recieved I would personally be more lenient on this PK, as it does seem like you were shot in the crossfire by your superior. I will leave the rest of this appeal up for a member of UA to decide on this appeal. 

Edited by ThirdEye

Hello I was the staff member who approved this PK, I was brought to this situation and I was made aware of the whole basis of the PK by Thirdeye. To reaffirm a few things in relation to this entire PK and the comments in appeal to it, I first want to state that after reviewing clips from both ends and reading the responses it seems to me that a majority of this is accidental in the point of view of theoblivionist. You watched your fellow NSB member punch a civilian said member was carrying a PK out and punched the Civilian to death then shot near him knowing he had carried out a PK moments before said shots resulting in his death. (Which is the Clip I saw for approving this PK was the Staff view clip provided by the first post in this thread)

By Guidelines nothing was in Violation per the PK Guideline of "Dying while carrying out a PK" and I understand the end of the Argument of this all being "Accidental" but I think you could say this is a case of Unknowing Ignorance in the fact you saw someone carry a PK out and then decided to shoot in his vicinity which could well knowingly get his character PKed and that it resulted in. On top of that aspect, Thirdeye did not Violate any part of the PK guidelines as he didn't approve any PK outside of his authorization level as the approval was through myself beyond that the Last resort aspect doesn't stand much ground in this case he was killed while carrying out a PK plain and simple.

Beyond all that I stand that nothing in this situation Violated any part of the PK guidelines, I wish you the best with the appeal. 

Dude, I was the communist. I was trying to just have some fun larp, and wanted to kill the character off. He doesn't deserve to get PKed over the stupidity of his colleague. As the person who was PKed, I do request he get UnPKed. That's my two cents. 

• Chad 1

Accepted.

This PK on NSB-Oberpolizeiinspektor Denis Spitz was completely unnecessary.

• Like 1

• Coffee locked this topic