Foreign Volunteer forces

Description of the idea: I was thinking of adding different ethnicities and varying separate Heer divisions for them for example a Polish Volunteer squadron also i think to encourage this the following ethnicities should be added: Lux, Belgian, , Spanish, Czech, Ukrainian.

Why should this be added?: It adds more roleplay value and adds another branch into the Heer, Plus it would just make the Heer more appealing to third parties.

What negatives could this have?: I could see the Volunteer divisions going underpopulated but i think as long as competent NCO.s/CO's advertise and recruit it shouldn't be a problem 

Additional information: The pictures that could go on their sleeves: 120px-%D0%A3%D0%92%D0%92.svg.png100px-%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B0_%D0%9D%D0%B0%D1%86%D1%96%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%90%D1%80%D0%BC%D1%96%D1%8F.svg.png155px-Blue_division.svg.pngCoat of arms of Slovak Republic (1939–1945)220px-Greater-Coat-of-Arms-of-Luxembourg.svg.png200px-Civil_Ensign_of_Luxembourg.svg.png

• Hmm 1

Hi localshowershitter 

Not going to lie I don't think this will ever be implemented due to the whole server being based around 1940, good idea but bad suggestion. 

- Sinex

On 7/2/2024 at 10:37 AM, localshowershitter said:

Description of the idea: I was thinking of adding different ethnicities and varying separate Heer divisions for them for example a Polish Volunteer squadron also i think to encourage this the following ethnicities should be added: Lux, Belgian, , Spanish, Czech, Ukrainian.

Why should this be added?: It adds more roleplay value and adds another branch into the Heer, Plus it would just make the Heer more appealing to third parties.

What negatives could this have?: I could see the Volunteer divisions going underpopulated but i think as long as competent NCO.s/CO's advertise and recruit it shouldn't be a problem 

Additional information: The pictures that could go on their sleeves: 120px-%D0%A3%D0%92%D0%92.svg.png100px-%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B0_%D0%9D%D0%B0%D1%86%D1%96%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%90%D1%80%D0%BC%D1%96%D1%8F.svg.png155px-Blue_division.svg.pngCoat of arms of Slovak Republic (1939–1945)220px-Greater-Coat-of-Arms-of-Luxembourg.svg.png200px-Civil_Ensign_of_Luxembourg.svg.png

+1 if Finland (+sweden) would be added too!

SLAVA UKRAINA

slava SVO ZOV specialitsya Z O V ❤️ zhmil SVO ukraini ZOV Z V O

1 minute ago, Groove said:

SLAVA UKRAINA

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 4:26 PM, Sicht said:

Hi localshowershitter 

Not going to lie I don't think this will ever be implemented due to the whole server being based around 1940, good idea but bad suggestion. 

- Sinex

Sorry for the late response but i was busy attending to irl matters but regardless of the timeline other divisions could be added such as Czechoslovakian, polish and other foreign volunteers note; i mean volunteers not directly recruited by the Wehrmacht people all across Europe enlisted in the Wehrmacht even before WW2 officially began. So it would be very fitting for the 1940's time to see divisions of Foreign enlistees. 

Edited by localshowershitter

I don't believe there would ever actually be a reason in roleplay that this would ever be introduced. You can easily just roleplay as a member of a foreign country within the armed forces. There's no need for the creation of new subfactions or uniform models that would rarely be used. Our modeler can focus on more important updates like, I don't know? Civilian clothing, minor touch ups, and so on?

-1 as others have said I don't see this being a necessary addition 

On 7/16/2024 at 2:24 PM, Virwëtztut said:

I don't believe there would ever actually be a reason in roleplay that this would ever be introduced. You can easily just roleplay as a member of a foreign country within the armed forces. There's no need for the creation of new subfactions or uniform models that would rarely be used. Our modeler can focus on more important updates like, I don't know? Civilian clothing, minor touch ups, and so on?

Frontlines, Frontlines is the biggest reason not to mention there is almost zero Heer infantry sub factions thats why today and even a year ago the Heer has constantly struggled with maintaining a recurring player base they simply do not have divisions people want to constantly come back too, Having sub factions like foreign volunteer squadrons would enable the chance to have larger war games, give the Heer a edge in the frontlines and just add a new branch and choices for recruited players to join.

• 2 weeks later...

Denied.

This is not necessary.

Remember on the server it's the year 1940 In Berlin Germany.

The Military are stationed inside of the ICC in Berlin it would not make sense to have all these foreign divisions In Berlin.

• Coffee locked this topic