Apology

Which staff member banned you?: 

Hound

How long is your ban for?: 

Permanent

Why were you banned?:

Violating General Rules.

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?: 

I posted my first appeal for this ban two weeks ago, and it was denied for being lackluster. I have now re-appealed, after waiting 2 weeks that the rules dictate should be left between a denied appeal and a new appeal. I understand that my apology wasn't considered sincere, or perhaps was too short, or informal. I would like to state before I begin my appeal that everything I've written here is sincere, and I know that I should have put more effort into the way my previous appeal came across, and that was my bad.

I’ll start this appeal by apologising again. I know why I was banned, and I am under no misunderstanding that it was an invalid ban or in any way unfair. I abused the permissions I was given in the Discord, and even though my abuse was limited in scale compared to deletion of documents or mass bans from the server, it was still an abuse of the trust given to General Ranking Officers within the server, which I was lucky enough to be given the chance to be (Which many people have not) The reason for my ban was abusing the “@everyone” ping and posting dumb gifs and just generally being an idiot. And, even though that was the official reason of my ban, I also feel as if my overall behaviour on the server has been unacceptable and contributed to the length/severity of my ban. I’ve been disrespectful to members of staff, and been salty and rude overall. I also know that I’ve got my fair share(And then some) of priors in terms of bans and warns, which ALSO certainly contributed in some way to the ban I was given. I know that the things I’ve done on this server have given me a negative reputation, a reputation which has caused quite a lot of people to want me to remain off of the server (As can be seen by people downvoting my last appeal), and honestly I’ve done nothing to give them any reason to view me any different. I would like to take this chance to apologise to anyone I’ve caused to have a negative experience on the server due to the way I’ve acted, and I know that my actions on the server should never be at anyone’s expense, and state that I will change how I act on the server if I am allowed to come back.

I’ve played Prometheus for years, at this point, and I’ve done all sorts in that time. And even though some of it has been negative, I have a lot of really good memories from my time on the server. I’ve made friends and I’ve had a lot of fun with all the internal drama and the civil wars and everything else that makes the server what it is. I clearly really made a mistake with what I did, and even though I don’t expect to just be forgiven off the bat, I would like to have another chance to play the server. My actions were never intended to be aggressive or hostile to the staff team or the players, even though they turned out to be. I had been banned by Omni permanently for making fun of him over the whole pistol whipping incident in OOC. And since I thought I was going to be permanently banned from the server (It later turned out he had edited the ban down to a few weeks) I did it because I stupidly thought the best way to “get back” at him for what I viewed at the time as an unfair ban. With hindsight (And even basic common sense I should’ve had at the time) I would never have and should never have done what I did. I retaliated by doing what I thought would be going after him on a slightly larger scale in announcements, which a couple other people followed suit and did after me. But I did not just “get back” at him, as my abuse of permissions affected the entire Discord, which I had neglected to take into account. It was my friends who were punished by this, as some of them did the same thing and some of them relied on me in roleplay and some of them didn’t have many other people that they knew on the server, and it was the staff team who was affected because I had created an issue of trust. Trust is very important to any community, especially one such as Prometheus. I know it was stupid, and I am sorry for it. And I will never repeat my actions

It has been around seven months since my ban, I believe (Although I could be slightly off) and I hope that this time I’ve spent banned can genuinely be viewed by the staff team as long enough of a punishment for the actions I did, and if it has not, I would sincerely appreciate even it being lowered from a permanent ban to a few months, because even though I would not be unbanned straight away I would be able to come back to the server at some point and try to start freshly on the server. My actions were disrespectful to the server that I really like to play, and were done without much thought. It has been quite a while since my ban and even though my personality probably hasn’t changed all that much since I was last on the server, I know that my attitude and how I view games (Roleplaying games to be specific) has changed, and that if I am allowed back, I will not be seen making the same mistakes and decisions that I have been banned for in the past, and that I will follow the server rules which I neglected to do previously. I know that the staff team will keep me banned if they view me as a negative influence for the server, and I would like to say that I will do whatever I can to change that perception of me.

I would like to reiterate that I agree with the ban, and especially the severity of it. The more I think about it. If the timer was just allowed to tick down until I got unbanned, there would've been no point to the ban; as I would not have had to take my actions seriously. The fact that I actually have to appeal, and take responsibility for my actions is a good thing. Overall, my ban really does show me that general conflict causation is not permissible on the server. It shows me that Prometheus is a setting that expects more maturity than I had been showing. That is something I should've reasonably known beforehand, but didn't take into account with my general activity on the server, and something I acted in contrast to. The reason for my ban in my opinion is honestly just me being an unpleasant person to people that I didn't really have to be, and shouldn't have been, and I completely agree that my ban was warranted, and I just hope that it will be acknowledged that I have sincerely tried to change my behaviour and that I will not do the same things on the server this time around.

I know that there are still people that actively dislike me, considering that my last appeal was denied and got such a negative reaction, and I can understand why.  I’ve probably garnered quite the negative reputation through my actions, and I would like to apologise: not only to the staff team, but to any individual that I have caused to dislike me or have a negative time on the server. I know there are a few, and even though I won’t name everyone, I hope that this apology can be accepted on a personal level for anyone that this applies to. And I hope that this appeal will be seen as overall more sincere by the staff team and anyone reading than the last one I posted. I am not making this appeal just to be unbanned, I would also like to positively contribute to the community and come back with better intentions than I have previously shown. If the staff team would like to keep me on a final warning for the things I have done, I would understand that, and I am only here to ask for leniency for my ban.

Additional Information: 

If anyone would like to contact me, either about my appeal or just anyone who I have been friends with here previously, my Discord name is "dacaesarian"

Edited by SomePerson

Hi SomePerson

Seems like you've come to terms on what your actions how they affected you, You've also had the time to reflect on what you did wrong.
If my opinion matters which I don't think it does, I reckon giving you a second chance would be awesome. Even so your ban being permanent makes it a bigger wall to climb, if by some miracle you do get unbanned it would be nice to see you around the server and contributing good likes rather than bad.

- Sinex 

Neutral

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sinex said:

Hi SomePerson

Seems like you've come to terms on what your actions how they affected you, You've also had the time to reflect on what you did wrong.
If my opinion matters which I don't think it does, I reckon giving you a second chance would be awesome. Even so your ban being permanent makes it a bigger wall to climb, if by some miracle you do get unbanned it would be nice to see you around the server and contributing good likes rather than bad.

- Sinex 

Neutral

Thank you. I appreciate the sentiment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomePerson said:

Thank you. I appreciate the sentiment.

Best of luck!

• Haha 1

😃

Posted (edited)

https://imgur.com/a/z12ahOx

this appeal is just complete AI mush, I may have mistaken you for another player my apologies.

Edited by Layheeee

38 minutes ago, Layheeee said:

https://imgur.com/a/z12ahOx

this appeal is just complete AI mush, I know you well and have a lot of interactions with you and this AI block of text is not good look.

you were banned for violating Global rule 13. -

13. Abusing your character's faction to destroy roleplay for others is not allowed. An example of this would be arresting someone and leaving them in a cell without contact for hours.

I ran it through the first five AI detection sites that I could find online with a quick google search.

https://imgur.com/a/GnkmQum

https://imgur.com/a/aQZHt22

https://imgur.com/a/9F3jr5N

https://imgur.com/a/wZLq229 (Says 15%. And that's probably because it has a 500 word maximum, so I had to cut it off mid-sentence)

https://imgur.com/a/GDc7VIS

Look, I know you probably have reason to dislike me. But I wrote this appeal sincerely. This was NOT AI Generated. I wrote every word of it. If you disagree with the appeal, that is perfectly fine and you have the right to do that, but this was NOT AI-Written. I might be an idiot sometimes, but I'm not a liar. I even have a google doc where I wrote it all before posting it on the forums

If this was AI, it would be pretty shit AI, considering I literally had to make an edit to the appeal (Can be checked by staff) to fix up my spelling. Because I'm not a robot, and I did make a mistake.

Accepted

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• Cravfe locked this topic