SteamID32: 

STEAM_0:1:567801681

Staff member who issued the PK (if you know):

Carried out by Aurelius of Phoenix 

Approved by Gary

Explain why you were PK'd: 

Dying after initiating a gun fight

Why should you be un-PK'd?: 

I pulled aside one member of the MGD to have a word with him, he followed me, as well as Norman Baker and a few others. This was meant to be a private discussion between myself, Norman and the member of the MGD but Levi refused to leave, he was in the doorway and didn't backup after being asked too very nicely before I pulled a gun on him and warned him to go. I warned him with my gun and put him under what I thought to be fear-rp, he was given a little over 30 seconds to move back and he refused, I then pulled a gun out and I shot him, after shooting him I was gunned down by the people behind me who I believed to be on my side. I believed them to be on my side considering I was appointed the deputy. 

I was brought to a sit, shown the clip by Aurelius. The clip (clip named 1) I was shown by him had no audio to it whatsoever and it showed a visual glitch on the clippers end showing me have my gun on safety and then proceeding to shoot him, he was told the people who brought him the clip told him what happened, explained the clip and what was going on regardless of there being no audio. I explained it was a visual glitch, after explaining he said that I RDM'ed him and I explained that I had a gun pointed at him and I was warning him to back-up, he then said I initiated a gun fight, granted he was but I assumed it wasn't RDM because I had a gun pointed at him and told him to move and gave him about 30 seconds before I shot him and was then shot myself. Gary showed up and asked if there was a glitch in the video because "it looks like you pulled a gun out and shot him" and then I tried to explain the visual glitch and he goes "okay you can PK him then" and disappears, I then tried to dispute my case with aurelius because I didn't think it was a full PK because it stated in the PK guidelines 

"Dying after initiating a shoot-out [De-rank (Low Administration), a PK may be authorized by UA if deemed necessary or if it falls under RDM and/or FailRP]"

The situation wasn't RDM because it wasn't random and there was a good amount of context to it and it wasn't failrp, with that being said I'm assuming gary "Deemed it necessary" I think it's very important that I emphasize that he approved all this on a clip (1) that had no audio and was clearly screwed up. After he disappeared I tried to dispute my case with Aurelius because I was frustrated, I offered to show him my clip (2) where he watched it and asked me if I was blocking him in a doorway and had a gun to back-up, I clarified that he was blocking me in a doorway and I was trying to get him to move to close the door because of the privacy of the conversation. I tried to argue that if it was RDM then it'd be a full PK but I believed it not to be and I believed him to be under fear-rp, I requested for another admin as an opinion/to explain it better as well as requesting several times for gary to explain his reasoning so I could show my clip, give him the context of the screwed up clip (1) he watched and pk'ed me based off of, he ignored me and pk'ed my regardless of my somewhat fair request of Gary coming so I can explain some stuff.

I get on another character I made another clip trying to file a pk on the person I supposedly thought I put under fear-rp in the doorway and broke it when he didn't listen to the demand, after he watched the clip he asked for like sort of the  full context of the situation in the clip and the situation in the admin sit that I was PK'ed in, he explained some things about how it wasn't fear-rp because he had a gun out and I didn't attempt to arrest him or any of that and in conclusion it wasn't a pk because it wasn't him breaking fear-rp because there was no fear-rp to break to begin with and how I can't "fear-rp" someone to back out of a room or any of that. Gary appeared and chimed in saying that he approved me to get a 2 rank demotion by Aurelius and got in the sit when I started disputing it, however when he got in the original sit with Aurelius he said nevermind and to full PK me, he didn't explain anything, he came to the sit when I started disputing it and changed his mind, I also want to emphasize that this wasn't said at all during the sit and I was put under the influence that I was getting a full PK, what made me think this was because he kept trying to say it wasn't fear-rp and how it was RDM, not once did he try to explain it was a demotion, I tried to explain to gary that I thought I was getting full pk'ed and then Gary told me he told Aurelius to 2 rank demote me and then a note for RDM, I said that's not what he said and he told me he didn't give a fuck about what he said and then Hound asked me if that's all I said yes and he returned me. In the beginning when Gary came into the second sit he was explaining how he explained to me all the context and stuff about why I was pked but he said a single sentence to Aurelius that sentence being "Was there a glitch in the video? Because it looks like he just pulled out his gun and shot him, okay, you can pk him then" so I don't understand this whatsoever because he originally thought it was RDM on my end because of the messed up clip (1) and that he was going to 2 rank demote me for the RDM but then he was given the context about how it wasn't RDM and he changed his mind and ruled upon a full PK (before seeing the clip (2) ) The PK guideline said that the de-rank is authorized however a pk can be authorized if it was rdm or fail rp, meaning if it was RDM it would be a full PK, he thought it was RDM and wanted to demote me but when he found out it wasn't then he decided to full PK me and that's not really adding up to me whatsoever.

Additional Information:

Clip (1) https://medal.tv/?contentId=igO7uiD6u6heyNXmg&invite=cr-MSxPVTgsMjA2NzEyOTQ1LA&spok=d1337vFUW2yA

- Clip that gary went off of that he was originally going to demote me and note me for.

- No audio and it's a trimmed 13 second clip with no context.

- Visual glitch showing my gun was in safety regardless of it not being in safety.

- Viewed by Gary before he approved 2 rank demotion.

Clip (2) https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/igO7Lqk3VIxi1Mczw/d1337RKGbPF6?invite=cr-MSx4cHMsMjI0MTMzNTY4LA

- Longer clip showing more context.

- Has Audio

- Visual glitch not present meaning it was client sided on the person who clipped (1)

- Shows no RDM or Fail RP leading up to the gun fight.

- Wasn't viewed by Gary before he PK'ed me.

I understand that it wasn't fearRP but I also don't think it was RDM or FailRP, and I am confident that it wasn't necessary for a full PK to take place, not even Gary thought it was necessary when he assumed it was RDM, only when I started disputing it in the sit did he approve it, he approved it without my clip and without proper context on my end and I don't think it was fair that I wasn't heard out.

I want to give a quick disclaimer, in no way am I talking trash about Gary or Aurelius during this appeal I just don't believe it was a valid PK, I'm not saying either a bad staff members, because they aren't, I am simply stating that I think this to be one of the rare few unfair pk's considering the context of what lead up to its approval, why it was approved, and all of that.

I hope whoever staff member reviewing this can also recognize where I'm coming from with this appeal and hopefully can unPK me. I appreciate to whichever staff member has to review this incredibly long appeal.

- altoid

Edited by Altoid
missed out some points

Hi I was the staff member that Pked you and had gotten approval from gary to do so, I thank you for using on the forums and making this PK appeal. 

You were pked on the grounds of initiating a gunfight which is clearly shown in the clip you provided, you were blocking a doorway from a member incisively telling him to back up with your gun pointed at him while his was on safety. You then sporadically opened fire and were promptly gunned down for such action resulting in your PK. When I saw this clip without audio and asked for other angles with audio there was none given so I awaited UA approval I was told that it was RDM since not much context was given and I was instructed to demote you two ranks and note you. After bringing you to a sit and explaining the situation to you You gave your side and elaborated that he had a weapon on safety which wouldn't be viable for him to be put under fear rp.  Gary after and overwatching and hearing that you initiated a gunfight and it wasn't RDM came out of no clip and Claimed what happened was viable for a PK which you fully saw and heard. After giving your perspective clip which reaffirms the fact you Failed to put someone under Fear rp and initiated a shootout and lost I myself and Gary whom I sent to Via DMS agreed on it being a PK which was stated to you and in hearing this you wished for multiple more opinions on a PK clear cut in nature.
Dying after initiating a shoot-out  
You may argue that this is RDM or Failrp But UA and deemed it not such after you had explained and elborated that you attempted to put him under FearRP and decided to open fire.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I'm arguing that it wasn't RDM or FailRP, the rule states that a PK is authorized if deemed necessary by UA, or if it is RDM, or FailRP. Gary thought it was RDM and regardless of that he was going to issue a 2 rank demotion for it, once he found out it wasn't RDM (meaning it didn't fall under the last part of the rule "RDM or FailRP") and it fell under the "If UA deems it necessary" portion of the rule then he decided to full PK me. 

He thought it was RDM and was going to 2 rank demote me but once he found out that it wasn't RDM then he wanted to full PK me. What exactly changed when he saw the clip (2), the clip showed that it wasn't RDM or FailRP, and the PK guidelines state that dying after initiating a gun fight is a Derank UNLESS it's deemed RDM or FailRP, or if UA deemed it necessary. 

Maybe I'm explaining this weird, I hope the person reviewing this can understand what I'm saying, based on your response it's very clear you didn't understand what I was explaining in the sit about how it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Altoid

Denied.

You initiated a gunfight when someone tried to enter on the MGD General's wishes. The person outranked you, the general you were having a conversation with was saying that he could enter, there's no explanation as to why it'd have to result in him being gunned down. If you don't like someone listening into a conversation which depends on the general being there, don't have the conversation.