Virtual Reality

Gotyou

Description of the idea: Adds virtual reality functionality to the server for those with headsets

Why should this be added?: Would make the roleplay super immersive, truly next level

What negatives could this have?: Would need a lot of work to get it working with nutscript, likely a harder time opening documents

Additional information: 

I tested it myself on a server, it won't negatively impact non VR users.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1678408548 (mod can be found here)

-1 neat idea but I doubt very many people would have a vr set to begin with. Just seems like an addition for a niche few

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Helsing said:

-1 neat idea but I doubt very many people would have a vr set to begin with. Just seems like an addition for a niche few

I agree 100% it is very niche, but with headsets becoming more and more accessible, it seemed like a neat idea. Perhaps the development time can be spent elsewhere, but would be a very nice standout feature

Edited by Gotyou

This was tested a year or so back. The problem was the "teleporting" ability that comes with VR that is supported by the mod.

This would be really awesome, but what Slug said kind of sets the tide, so even though I'd love to see this I don't think it will be revisited.

+1

To be honest, yes not a lot of people have vr, but for those who do, I find this to be a good idea. If Slug finds a way to disable the teleportation feature, I'd say why not.

12 hours ago, Slug said:

This was tested a year or so back. The problem was the "teleporting" ability that comes with VR that is supported by the mod.

As I said, there would need to be a slight rework of the mod to make it functional with NS. I really do think this would be something next level and fresh that the server hasn't really seen before

3 hours ago, Da Epic Goose said:

+1

To be honest, yes not a lot of people have vr, but for those who do, I find this to be a good idea. If Slug finds a way to disable the teleportation feature, I'd say why not.

Thanks boss

+1

• Like 1

+1 Though

• Like 1

+1
This would be awesome

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We tried it kinda just for fun tons of bugs not a priorty

• Cravfe locked this topic