Bill Marx Ban Appeal (Apology)

BJ

Your Name: Bill Marx

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:62068219

Appeal Type: Apology

Which staff member banned you?: Mical Jordin | -_-

How long is your ban for?: 5 Days

Why were you banned?: Global Rule 13

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?: Honestly, I believe the ban is objectively justified however served hastily. I would've greatly appreciated an effort communicate and/or a warning prior to drastic action being taken.

Additional Information: 
I was stopped for a traffic violation (running a red light) and was hesitant to pay a fine. The officers on scene promptly arrested me and brought me to the holding facility (their actions up to this point were justified). One of the arresting officers proceeded to say that if I "offered elicit services" (paraphrasing) that I would be released. I agreed to such and then he explained to me that "that was supposed to make you cringe" and it wasn't a legitimate option. After that, realizing my situation, I paid the fine. At this point a radio call had gone out announcing my imprisonment and multiple individuals of my faction arrived at the holding facility. After my release, the faction members that arrived in support of me, were accused of trespassing. I attempted to collect the men and leave however as I was attempting to exit the facility another officer, most likely unaware of the situation prior to this point, falsely arrested me for trespassing and I was presented with another fine. At this point I "offered elicit services" (again, paraphrasing) to the other officer in hopes of leaving with no consequence. His response was "What did you just say to me?" and before anything else could be exchanged I was banned.

Due to the initial officer's request, and my ignorance of Global Rule 13, I believed that I was doing nothing wrong. Even though the ban is entirely justified, and ignorance is no excuse, it leaves me with a sour feeling. As had I been made aware of the situation I was putting in I would've stopped immediately. That being said I will learn from this encounter and thoroughly read up on the rules prior to rejoining. That all being said I do apologize for any grievances and/or discomfort I may have caused.

Your ban has expired so this appeal will be locked.

• Coffee locked this topic