Character's name & rank: Konrad Albrecht (Tier 3 party member? I forget, could be more).
SteamID (STEAM_0:X:XXX): STEAM_0:1:152899926
Staff member who issued the PK: Unknown (Two staff members handled the sit; names can be pulled via logs if needed).
Explain why you were PK'd:
A week or so ago, I was exploring the newer sections of the map's sewer system (new for me) on my infamous citizen character, Konrad Albrecht. Out of curiosity regarding the map layout, I attempted to lockpick a government door. A government trooper spotted me mid action and ordered me to stop. In a split second panic, while the door was opening, my character moved deeper into the government controlled infrastructure.... I managed to create a significant amount of distance between myself and the trooper before being shot in the back and subsequently permanently killed.
Why should you be un-PK'd?:
I am requesting a PK appeal based on two major grounds: a specific application of FearRP Rule 8, and severe administrative misconduct during the sit.
First, after thoroughly reviewing the server’s FearRP rules, Rule 8 explicitly states: "If you are under attack at a more than reasonable distance, you may escape without risk." This is under the FearRP section. During the encounter, I successfully broke the immediate line of engagement and created roughly the distance needed, to be out of VoIP range (500 hammer units), between myself and the initiator. Because I had successfully established this distance prior to lethal force being applied, my attempt to flee falls under the protection of Rule 8, meaning the situation should not have resulted in a valid PK. I ask staff to review the clip of the incident to verify the distance managed.
Second, the (OOC) handling of this PK was completely unprofessional and hostile. A second staff member entered the sit, not to arbitrate neutrally, but to actively ragebait and mock me, explicitly stating that my PK was going to happen regardless of what I said. During this process, this staff member targeted me with a homophobic slur.
Due to the toxicity of the sit, I strongly believe my character was selectively targeted for a PK due to his infamous in game roleplay reputation, as an anti government Peter Pan of sorts, rather than a genuinely fair application of server rules, in the interest of the in game RP.
Additional Information:
Konrad Albrecht is a deeply developed, long standing citizen character in Berlin, who has no shortage of physical jail time. While he is known for minor rebellious RP (trespassing/jaywalking and organizing protests), he acts as an active philanthropist for citizens, frequently gifting starter money (1k–8k) to new players, and teaching them how to navigate the server's economy and bank system.
A massive amount of time, effort, and care has gone into making Konrad a professional, engaging element of the server's civilian side, which is lacking (in my humble opinion). Losing all of this progression to a mechanically applied rule, which is largely substantiated by a compromised, toxic administrative process, is incredibly damaging to my experience here. I am entirely open to accepting an alternative OOC punishment (such as a temporary character lock) if it means restoring Konrad's progression, in the future, maybe after another map change, or undoing the PK and replacing it with a FailRP ban, since I was using my character to explore. Thank you for your time and consideration.