[Ban Appeal] Brother

Brother

Your Name: Brother

SteamID32 (STEAM_0:X:XXX): STEAM_0:1:514681195

Appeal Type (Apology or Dispute): Apology

Which staff member banned you?: Da Epic Goose.

How long is your ban for?: 7 days.

Why were you banned?: Powergaming.

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?:  

Arrest an individual on suspicion that he may be the shooter who attacked Kaiser. During his interrogation I made him a dossier (Field Interview) to gather information, at the moment I gave him the Non-Disclosure Agreement, I tried to force his signature through roleplay (Action, which I could do on other servers I played on), then he said he couldn't do that, and I told him then he wouldn't put his signature on the document. At that point I was called to the Kaisergarde base and I had to go to sleep because it was late. 
Today when I tried to join I saw that I was banned.

Honestly it wasn't malicious what I tried to do, I didn't know that I couldn't do that specifically, as I did it on other servers that I played with my friends. Nobody told us that it was powergaming, they just let us do it.

Additional Information: This is my first ban, and I would not repeat it knowing that it is forbidden. I hope you understand the situation.

Accepted.

In the future, keep these two rules in mind:

Powergaming Rule:

1. Powergaming is described as forcing some form of roleplay onto someone against their will, usually in violation of the rules to bring advantage over another player either through means of FailRP or OOC material. Using other game mechanics to powergame can include: Attempting to force players to do things outside of the server, forcing players to kill their own character, forcing players to commit crimes, forcing players to RP or /me's against their will, forcing players to give their F3, etc.

General Rule:

29. Forgery of documents is considered power-gaming, and is not permitted.

Just for it to be made clear, you cannot force other players to sign documents by doing "/me forces to sign document" and then placing their signature on the document.

• Coffee locked this topic