Hank J. Wimblet's Ban appeal

Your Name: Hank J. Wimblet

SteamID32: 76561198115389464

Appeal Type (Apology or Dispute): Both 

Which staff member banned you?: Coffee

How long is your ban for?: 30 days and 10 hours 

Why were you banned?: NITRP, MVDM, and LTAP

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?: I messed up 

Additional Information: I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to respectfully request reconsideration of my ban from ww2 roleplay. I understand that my actions, specifically focusing trolling without engaging in proper roleplaying, have violated the rules/guidelines and the spirit of the game. I sincerely apologize for my behavior and would like to explain why I believe I deserve a second chance or a possibly a shorter ban. Alright I'm not gonna expect to be unbanned but I just wanna comment on a couple things regarding me being banned and why I did it. First off I did it because I was with 2 or 3 other higher ranking police men and they were egging me on that I should do it and they started saying that they were going to get me kicked off the police force and they probably just joking and I really shouldn't of cared because I literally just joined it 5 mins before and it was really dumb for me to do it because I really wasn't committed to being a police officer. I tried to get a clip of this to show to the admins because of course I was getting punished for doing it but I use GeForce experience and I was spamming the key bind for the menu to open and it caused my game to crash and then I couldn't even clip it for some reason and I tried to open Garry's Mod again and it let me clip but it didn't record any of the incident and it just recorded the past 11 seconds from when I reopened the game, I really didn't intend on leaving to avoid punishment I really was trying to rejoin and when I got in the server after my game crashed it gave me an error so I rejoined yet again then I was sadly greeted with the 30 day ban including the ltap part which I really didn't mean to do. Also the mass vdm part I was confused on because before like years ago when I played ww2 rp there was never a vdm rule so I just assumed it was the same and when I was in a previous admin sit recently I was asking about vdm and they said it really wasn't even a thing because you cant really kill with cars and that if you get run over or anyone with you gets run over you can kill the person and I really didn't think I would kill anyone and I dont know if I did but if it I did I think it was from the armored car exploding which I didn't know would happen because its a armored car and I just assumed it wasn't like a regular car. Then the NITRP I understand but dont think I had any other warns for minging or anything at all, I was thinking maybe it would a in character punishment like a pk but I also knew it would probably be a ban but I didn't think it was so serious since I didn't really mean to kill anyone since I thought it would just knock them over. I thought I was being funny because of what I did and I was really expecting my character to be killed off and at most a like 1 week ban. Im sorry if this is barely legible, im just sorry i really didnt expect to be hit with the month ban, I really thought I would be pk'd or something. 

Hello, I was the staff member who banned you.

The reasoning for your ban was because you got into a vehicle and ran over a bunch of military members who were standing in line waiting for the Kriegsmarschall at the Kaiser guard base.

As soon as you did this, you were killed. You then respawned and left the server immediately to avoid punishment for what you did.

Your actions caused a big disruption to the actual roleplay that was going on.

12 hours ago, Hank J. Wimblet said:

First off I did it because I was with 2 or 3 other higher ranking police men and they were egging me on that I should do it and they started saying that they were going to get me kicked off the police force and they probably just joking and I really shouldn't of cared because I literally just joined it 5 mins before and it was really dumb for me to do it because I really wasn't committed to being a police officer.

Firstly, I doubt that two to three "higher ranking policemen" were egging you on to mass VDM, and even if that were the case, that does not make it acceptable to do what you did.

What you should have done is clipped the situation, made a ticket for staff, and said in your ticket that "these guys are trying to get me to break the rules and threatening to remove me from my faction if I don't break the rules. I have proof too." Then the situation would of been handled by a member of staff, and this entire situation would have been completely avoided.

I tried to get a clip of this to show to the admins because of course I was getting punished for doing it but I use GeForce experience and I was spamming the key bind for the menu to open and it caused my game to crash and then I couldn't even clip it for some reason and I tried to open Garry's Mod again and it let me clip but it didn't record any of the incident and it just recorded the past 11 seconds from when I reopened the game, I really didn't intend on leaving to avoid punishment I really was trying to rejoin and when I got in the server after my game crashed it gave me an error so I rejoined yet again then I was sadly greeted with the 30 day ban including the ltap part which I really didn't mean to do.

Your game did not crash here is proof:

https://imgur.com/a/Nk6MLIQ

Also the mass vdm part I was confused on because before like years ago when I played ww2 rp there was never a vdm rule so I just assumed it was the same and when I was in a previous admin sit recently I was asking about vdm and they said it really wasn't even a thing because you cant really kill with cars and that if you get run over or anyone with you gets run over you can kill the person and I really didn't think I would kill anyone and I dont know if I did but if it I did I think it was from the armored car exploding which I didn't know would happen because its a armored car and I just assumed it wasn't like a regular car.

You did not know that there is a rule that prevents players from mass killing other players with vehicles?

I'm also certain that a member of staff did not tell you there was no VDM rule.

Then the NITRP I understand but dont think I had any other warns for minging or anything at all, I was thinking maybe it would a in character punishment like a pk but I also knew it would probably be a ban but I didn't think it was so serious since I didn't really mean to kill anyone since I thought it would just knock them over. I thought I was being funny because of what I did and I was really expecting my character to be killed off and at most a like 1 week ban. Im sorry if this is barely legible, im just sorry i really didnt expect to be hit with the month ban, I really thought I would be pk'd or something. 

NITRP, because how is just running over a bunch of people who are waiting for a ceremony where Generals and National High Command are present, then leaving the server as soon as you run everyone over and die roleplay? That's just you ruining roleplay for everyone else who was waiting to be rewarded by their Generals for the hours of fighting they had just done.

I thought I was being funny

During your ban, I'd recommend reading over the rules and getting a full understanding of them.

Another member of Upper Administration will decide the verdict of your ban appeal soon.

I never said that I shouldn't be banned because they told me to do it I was just explaining why I did it, my game went white and I clicked close instead of wait to respond, also the staff didnt say there isnt a vdm rule he just said its not really a thing because you cant really kill with cars, and I said I understood the nitrp thing but I was just saying that I literally dont have a warn for anything else and I was roleplaying on both of my characters till that moment.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:20 PM, Hank J. Wimblet said:

Additional Information: I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to respectfully request reconsideration of my ban from ww2 roleplay. I understand that my actions, specifically focusing trolling without engaging in proper roleplaying, have violated the rules/guidelines and the spirit of the game. I sincerely apologize for my behavior and would like to explain why I believe I deserve a second chance or a possibly a shorter ban.

You didn't need to add this AI generated section

On 5/22/2024 at 8:20 PM, Hank J. Wimblet said:

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to respectfully request reconsideration of my ban from ww2 roleplay.

First sentence in and I already know this is not how someone online talks

On 5/22/2024 at 10:20 PM, Hank J. Wimblet said:

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to respectfully request reconsideration of my ban from ww2 roleplay. I understand that my actions, specifically focusing trolling without engaging in proper roleplaying, have violated the rules/guidelines and the spirit of the game. I sincerely apologize for my behavior and would like to explain why I believe I deserve a second chance or a possibly a shorter ban.

My brother by Allah you don't have to add this AI writing. Nobody on the internet speaks this way, at all. The visible disconnect between how this bit is written (formal and strictly following English rules), and the subsequent bits, is strong enough to give Paul Walker whiplash. 

Chat GBT written garbage, Do NOT bother appealing unless your actually going to put effort into explaining your self and showing the REAL remorse you have. 

Denied.

• Hound locked this topic