FatDog

Your Name: count barnabus

SteamID: 76561198253579610

Appeal Type : apology and sipute

Which staff member banned you?: i think it was "meem"? not positive 

How long is your ban for?:  5 days

Why were you banned?: "ERP"

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?: 

so first off i would like to apologize and thank you for your time with this appeal. I was over in the chess area and first the staff member muted me for playing a piano sound for legit 2 seconds when a group of us were joking about vampires. he claimed "mic spam" even though the clip is literally 2 seconds long. I then walked over to the reichstag and was talking to 3 military guys when one of them says "omg this man is covered in piss and blood" then another man said "if you piss on me im going to beat you" so i typed in chat *pisses on you* and the military guy started chasing me. the same staff member then banned me for ERP for 5 days. Not sure why he would categorize this as erp as the military guys literally were clearly joking if he was around and in no way was it erp. seems like a silly ban and like the staff member just wanted to give me a ban after muting me for another dumb reason. ive been on this server for a long time, contributed with vip, and have no previous record for erp, or anything of the sorts. I was not even going to appeal and just wait the 5 days but taking things that out of context and making anything "erp" is pretty petty. Thanks again for your time guys!

4 hours ago, FatDog said:

Appeal Type : apology and sipute

spacer.png

Hello, I'm the staff member who banned you.

The initial mute was issued because you were approaching people and playing the blue lobster organ sound effect. It was loud enough that someone did complain about it, and so I issued a brief gag. A few minutes later I was looking in logs for something and see you doing '/me pisses on you'. I can't find the log right now because of a steam signin error, but anything related to urinating or defecating on someone also falls under ERP for most purposes, and is considered broadly degenerate.

However, I would be willing to see the ban reduced to 2-3 days seeing as you are able to recognize the disturbing nature of what you were doing.

13 hours ago, mEEm said:

Hello, I'm the staff member who banned you.

The initial mute was issued because you were approaching people and playing the blue lobster organ sound effect. It was loud enough that someone did complain about it, and so I issued a brief gag. A few minutes later I was looking in logs for something and see you doing '/me pisses on you'. I can't find the log right now because of a steam signin error, but anything related to urinating or defecating on someone also falls under ERP for most purposes, and is considered broadly degenerate.

However, I would be willing to see the ban reduced to 2-3 days seeing as you are able to recognize the disturbing nature of what you were doing.

ERP is erotic roleplay, not sure how we can just classify anything as erotic because some weirdo might have a fetish for it.  It all has to do with context. like i said the military dudes were making a joke and it was clearly a joking matter. also i played that sound effect once, and again its 2 seconds long. not mic spamming. 

14 hours ago, mEEm said:

anything related to urinating or defecating on someone also falls under ERP

No. The punishment for ERP is typically a permanent ban because it is reserved for actual sexually erotic roleplay (i.e. full blown sex via /me's, stuff like that).

Appeal: Accepted
Ban: Voided
Thread: Locked

• Slug locked this topic