Malik's Staff Application

Malik

Introduction Information Section
Steam Name:  Malik

SteamID32: 76561198109084366

Discord Username/ID: malik7590

Timezone: EST

Time Played (check with !time): "Your total time is 2d 23h 12m.", it was prob more before that reset

Your current rank(User/Donator/Trusted): User

Do you have a mic & will you use it?: Yes

Are you consistently active on the forums and server?: Forums, no. Server, semi

Did anyone from the Recruitment Team assist you in making your application?: N/A

Staff Recommendations (Sponsors will be asked to verify): Perchance, MeeM

Basic Information Section
IC Character names, ranks, and brief overview of their duties/everyday activities in a list format:
Leading State Secretary, Dr. Leon Schmidt: A joyful man, he works in the Ministry of Science. He is Specialized in Mechanical Engineering and Physics. Before the switch, we worked as a Intelligence analyst for the MOI and was the deputy Propaganda Minister, during his stay, he introduced censorship board which is still around. Before Prometheus was a thing and everyone was still on Typhon, Leon Schmidt served as , Deputy-Minister of Justice, RSHA, Annenerbe, and the longest serving Gauleiter. 

Boris Belov: When we had the War server, Boris Belov worked in the NKVD in SMERSH. Often distributing propaganda, acting as a political Officer, raising partisans, and doing counter-intelligence. Boris also worked in Foreign Embassies in Foreign Intelligence

How long have you been roleplaying?: 2015

Have you received any infractions i.e Notes/Bans? If so, what were they for and what could you have done to prevent getting them next time?: N/A

Staff Knowledge Section
What previous experience so you have as a staff member either within Garry’s Mod or the Nutscript Gamemode?
 . Darth Gaming & Nomad Networks MRP 2016 Admin & GM
 . Varius other Nutscript servers that I don't remember the name of mainly acting as a GM 
 . Typhon 2021 (Near the end as a GM)
 . Arma 3 (23rd MIB 2018-2020 & various other Units as Staff & as a Zeus)

Why do you believe we should pick you for the Prometheus Networks Staff Team?[300 words or more]:
I see a lack of good RP and a dying gamemode. I want to eventually get into the role of GM to reform to test out other forms of RP for people to do. I also with to advise and assist developers with systems to facilitate RP. At the moment, we are in a stand still of everyone making a man power faction, standing at their base, and waiting for some reason to shoot their guns or exercise their power over a minor infraction in RP. No one is taking risk anymore, no one is in fear of their characters anymore, and I do not want to stand by this. 

I want to empower players for taking risky actions instead of letting said actions and RP go to waste because it cannot be fulfilled. This effort is also not one GMs can do. In order to fulfill the RP in the server, you have to give more to the players. RP is interactions between Players. The more times you can make players move around and interact, the more RP. You need to make the map, the in-game systems, and the RP systems in place to make players make creative decisions. This server is not doing that. I cannot promise my activity, especially when Fall rolls around, but you can expect a man who will improve the RP situation in the city.

I wish to see if we can implement:
 . Foreign Intelligence RP in Berlin & Counter Intelligence as opposition to it: This looks more like a couple of case officers working out of an Embassy gathering assets to get info on: War planning, Science, Education, Politics, Businesses, etc. To then turn to their home base. This type of RP creates diss-trust and makes be careful about their conversations. 

. Player-Player Economies: This requires help from the developers, but I can elaborate more on later

. Crafting RP: Until proper system implemented, empower players to craft items to later use in RP from HCN pills to explosives

. Sanitation & Virus RP, This means brining in Janitors, Doctor visits, etc. If this is not done, you

. Structural stability check up RP, This means building inspectors, in-game Civil workers. If check ups are not done, there will be more Structure Fires or collapses. 

Keep in mind, to implement a lot of the RP is restricted on the server due to restrictions on Petflag, map level design, and how the schema of the server is. For example, you could have gas station RP if: you have a company faction to a specific vendor that sells fuel. You then make Fuel a part of vehicles. You then require re-fuels, so the company men would have to leave the counter and re-fill your car. This would also allow economic RP between the gas company and the Military for fuel reserves at base.

What are the duties and responsibilities of the position you are applying for in your own words? [150 Words or more]:

As a Moderator, I see myself playing a pivotal role in assisting players with various aspects such as character name changes, model changes, and ensuring fair play in RP interactions. Additionally, I'm committed to addressing rule violations like Non-Linear Roleplay (NLR), Random Deathmatch (RDM), and Fear Roleplay (Fearrp) to maintain a balanced and enjoyable environment.

Looking ahead to the GM role, I envision implementing innovative RP scenarios that push beyond the current static gameplay. This includes introducing Foreign Intelligence and Counter Intelligence operations to foster intrigue and strategic gameplay. I also plan to advocate for player-driven economies, crafting systems, and thematic RP scenarios like sanitation management or structural stability checks to add depth and realism to our game world.

I am driven to empower players to take creative risks, engage meaningfully with each other, and to keep the server as dynamic as possible. I will do my best to keep people from sticking in their bases and doing petty RP.

Notes:
Keep the requirements more like 150+ and 50+ words. Short, sweet, and to the point. These limits are just going to make people blabber more.

31 minutes ago, Malik said:

Player-Player Economies: This requires help from the developers, but I can elaborate more on later

. Crafting RP: Until proper system implemented, empower players to craft items to later use in RP from HCN pills to explosives

. Sanitation & Virus RP, This means brining in Janitors, Doctor visits, etc. If this is not done, you

. Structural stability check up RP, This means building inspectors, in-game Civil workers. If check ups are not done, there will be more Structure Fires or collapses. 

obviously all these are hard to implement but I'd love to see more non-player aspects of the server that you can do on your own

5 hours ago, Malik said:

addressing rule violations like Non-Linear Roleplay (NLR)

Perhaps researching what NLR means before applying for staff would be a safe bet.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Malik said:

Your total time is 2d 23h 12m.

-1 The server has been open long enough for people to gather the necessary 1 week to apply for staff.

6 hours ago, Malik said:

I see a lack of good RP and a dying gamemode. I want to eventually get into the role of GM to reform to test out other forms of RP for people to do. I also with to advise and assist developers with systems to facilitate RP. At the moment, we are in a stand still of everyone making a man power faction, standing at their base, and waiting for some reason to shoot their guns or exercise their power over a minor infraction in RP. No one is taking risk anymore, no one is in fear of their characters anymore, and I do not want to stand by this. 

Also, the question is "Why do you believe we should pick you for the Prometheus Networks Staff Team?", just going on about how you wish to become a GM after you get into the staff team isn't what the question asks. Usually, you would answer this question with your own capabilities and skills, basically something you can bring to the table in order for UA to consider your application.

6 hours ago, Malik said:

Non-Linear Roleplay (NLR)

Not to mention this as well...... I'm not sure how you've been staff and not know this.

All this application is more of a GM application rather than a staff app.

Edited by Da Epic Goose

9 hours ago, Malik said:

Why do you believe we should pick you for the Prometheus Networks Staff Team?[300 words or more]:

I want to empower players for taking risky actions instead of letting said actions and RP go to waste because it cannot be fulfilled. This effort is also not one GMs can do. In order to fulfill the RP in the server, you have to give more to the players. RP is interactions between Players. The more times you can make players move around and interact, the more RP. You need to make the map, the in-game systems, and the RP systems in place to make players make creative decisions. This server is not doing that. I cannot promise my activity, especially when Fall rolls around, but you can expect a man who will improve the RP situation in the city.

I wish to see if we can implement:
 . Foreign Intelligence RP in Berlin & Counter Intelligence as opposition to it: This looks more like a couple of case officers working out of an Embassy gathering assets to get info on: War planning, Science, Education, Politics, Businesses, etc. To then turn to their home base. This type of RP creates diss-trust and makes be careful about their conversations. 

. Player-Player Economies: This requires help from the developers, but I can elaborate more on later

Keep in mind, to implement a lot of the RP is restricted on the server due to restrictions on Petflag, map level design, and how the schema of the server is. For example, you could have gas station RP if: you have a company faction to a specific vendor that sells fuel. You then make Fuel a part of vehicles. You then require re-fuels, so the company men would have to leave the counter and re-fill your car. This would also allow economic RP between the gas company and the Military for fuel reserves at base.

As noble as the intentions are, this section of your application seems more like you are trying to apply for a spot on the GM team. As much as that would be appreciated, this is supposed to be a staff application. 

9 hours ago, Malik said:

Non-Linear Roleplay (NLR)

Not giving me the best impression here either. Roleplaying since 2015 with previous staff experience and you don't know what NLR stands for?...

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Donzoko No Ryu said:

As noble as the intentions are, this section of your application seems more like you are trying to apply for a spot on the GM team. As much as that would be appreciated, this is supposed to be a staff application. 

Not giving me the best impression here either. Roleplaying since 2015 with previous staff experience and you don't know what NLR stands for?...

Yep, I do. I had a more concise version of this that entailed it all in less than 25 words. But because of the retarded word limits, I slapped it in GBT to write a bunch of bullshit for me.

And I won't edit nor correct it as that would be just be a dick thing to do.

Edited by Malik

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Yep, I do. I had a more concise version of this that entailed it all in less than 25 words. But because of the retarded word limits, I slapped it in GBT to write a bunch of bullshit for me.

And I won't edit nor correct it as that would be just be a dick thing to do.

I couldn't agree more with Donozko and Da Epic Goose's opinion, but after seeing you admitted to using chat GBT to help with word count shows exactly how much effort you put into this application. 

The man is honest. A good trait for the staff team

+1

-1 I dont need to elaborate...my colleagues have already said it quite well. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 5:40 PM, Malik said:

I slapped it in GBT to write a bunch of bullshit for me.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:19 AM, ARC said:

addressing rule violations like Non-Linear Roleplay (NLR)

Yeah and with all this I think this is a “Non-Linear Application” 

Edited by Aurelius of Phoenix

I dont even know who you are tbh

Fuck you.
Don't lie about your bans, I have personally banned you twice (Permanently) for offenses in-game as my time on staff.
You're not suited for the role of Staff and never will be. 

• Chad 1

I didn't get a message from you and you didn't ask me to sponsor this application.

As for the merits of the application, you should probably spend some more time on the server itself. While the honesty regarding using AI to write the app is appreciable (?), you should also go to the effort of accessing the publicly available staffing resources (namely the rules) and reading up on them.

• KEKW 1

Non-Linear Roleplay is an actual thing!

But people are more known with the "New Life Rule" term which is what the abbreviation "NLR" actually stands before and is globally known in EVERY roleplay ever (outside GMod)

You do know you can multi-task and look at the rules AND your application at the same time, right?

On 6/4/2024 at 5:06 AM, Malik said:

Notes:
Keep the requirements more like 150+ and 50+ words. Short, sweet, and to the point. These limits are just going to make people blabber more.

😐

On 6/3/2024 at 11:06 PM, Malik said:

Would rather you 'blabber' than use AI.

Denied.

• Hound locked this topic