meem staff app

mEEm

Posted (edited)

Introduction Information Section
Steam Name: TheSuperTsar

SteamID32: STEAM_0:1:225957226

Discord Username/ID: meem7637

Timezone: CST

Time Played (check with !time): 2d 36m (approx. one month and two weeks prior to reset)

Your current rank(User/Donator/Trusted): Trusted

Do you have a mic & will you use it?: Yes and Yes

Are you consistently active on the forums and server?: Yes and Yes

Did anyone from the Recruitment Team assist you in making your application?: Perchance

Staff Recommendations (Sponsors will be asked to verify): Perchance, Kieran, Helsing, alexjones, daepicgoose

Basic Information Section
IC Character names, ranks, and brief overview of their duties/everyday activities in a list format:

• Adolf Lindemann, Truth Minister. Runs the Truth Ministry, publishes the newspapers, etc.
  • Jacques Brandt, Grenadier. Member of the Panzers, nothing special.
  • Nobosuke Tagomi. Eccentric Japanese businessman and retired ambassador.
  • Hermann Schautel. Civilian factory worker, looking for a better job.
  • Doug Stamper, Polizeiunterdiener. Young and new LaPo member, enforcing the law.

How long have you been roleplaying?: October 2018

Have you received any infractions i.e Notes/Bans? If so, what were they for and what could you have done to prevent getting them next time?: Currently, I have no notes or bans according to Goose. However, prior to the reset, I did have an admittedly extensive record. Many of these notes and bans were from before 2021, only about five incidents were after that. None of the prior punishments by my recollection were for any global rules or any degenerate shit, it was mostly RDM related to failing to adequately warn civilians or trespassers.

Staff Knowledge Section
What previous experience so you have as a staff member either within Garry’s Mod or the Nutscript Gamemode?: I was a staff member on Diverge as well as on the old Burst networks. I've also done minor work with nutscript related to cosmetic appearances and factions.

Why do you believe we should pick you for the Prometheus Networks Staff Team? [300 words or more]: 

In short, I'm a longstanding and well-liked member of the community who has aided the UA team in several projects, including the recently made National Archive released by Virus. In long form, I've got a very strong dedication to the server. I've been engaged in the server since it launched, even before Typhon collapsed. I've been trusted for about a month now, and though it is a relatively nice thing to have, it is limited in how helpful I can be with people. I recognize why it's limited, and why it has to be limited, but as far as being genuinely helpful for as many people as possible, staff is simply the better way to go. From my previous time as staff on Diverge and tinkering in singleplayer, I know most of the commands for staffing. In all my time on the server, I've tried to do what I can to make the server better or generally more enjoyable. Helping new players find jobs or certain buildings, volunteering for trusted, and helping UA with warplanning and documentation. Staffing is the next step up in making this server a better and more pleasant place for everyone. I've just now finished high school, and won't be shipping out until mid-autumn. With no significant time commitments, I can spend more time staffing than most people could. I'm already on at least decent terms with most staff members, and I'm not afraid to ask questions or request help with particularly difficult situations or players. I'm also not a one track mind, and can recognize the grey areas within the rules that allow for some leeway with regards to punishment. The point of the staff team is not to punish people, the objective of the staff team is to help players and make their experience and time on the server as enjoyable as possible, and I will acknowledge and maintain regard for that objective during my time on the staff team.

What are the duties and responsibilities of the position you are applying for in your own words? [150 Words or more]:

The duties of a moderator, as the first level of the staff team, are relatively simple. Taking tickets, both to aid players with rulebreakers and helping them with IC matters (model changes, plytransfers, etc) comprises 90 percent of what moderators have to do frequently. When there's no tickets to take, it's best to noclip around to watch for issues like players stuck in each other or doors, proptrapping, or anything else that a player needs help with. A professional attitude and demeanor is required when handling new players, who might not understand the server or its rules, as well as intentionally disruptive players who try to goad a reaction or just generally infuriate people. I always try to be patient with people, which is a necessity with tickets -- treating both sides of a sit evenly, avoiding excessive punishment, and delicately and calmly explaining to unknowing rulebreakers what precisely was unacceptable about what they did and what rule they violated, so that they aren't left confused or unsure of what they actually did wrong. Patience, caution, discretion and diligence are imperative for the staff team, and I genuinely believe that I can meet these virtues as needed for staff.

Edited by TheSuperTsar

+1

gods-honest-truth-red.gif

Posted (edited)

+1 good guy. Interacted with him a couple times and only ever gave me good vibes. Good luck, friend!

Edited by Helsing

+1, interacted with him a few times, generally a good person. Good luck!

Neutral.

A year ago, I would have -1'd it with the current situations. A few times already you lost your cool and started having a few breakdowns. I don't really see you as a good fit in the Staff team,  though your roleplay is of higher quality and you certainly aren't all too stupid.

+1

Neutral /leaning -1, you are a great guy and always love interacting with you, though sometimes you do test the boundaries of what’s good and what’s not. Not to be discouraged, but I think you need to think a little bit more before you post in the servers/act. Though as said before, you are a great lad and always enjoy talking with you and interacting with you.

4 hours ago, ItIsÀris said:

Neutral /leaning -1, you are a great guy and always love interacting with you, though sometimes you do test the boundaries of what’s good and what’s not. Not to be discouraged, but I think you need to think a little bit more before you post in the servers/act. Though as said before, you are a great lad and always enjoy talking with you and interacting with you.

Thanks for the honest input. I know what you mean by thinking before I post, and how it relates to impulsivity. I assure you that it won't be a problem as a staff member, it is something I recognize and can control. Again, thanks for the genuine input.

+1

12 hours ago, Saito said:

https://imgur.com/a/WWVPVW0

What changed? If its about the removing you as having helped you write the application, it's not personal. A member of UA informed me that only one person could be listed for that, and Perchance had read over the application and given me some pointers for the essay sections. 

+1 I've known him for a year, sometimes I beef with him, but I think that if he takes the role seriously, he will do well.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, TheSuperTsar said:

https://imgur.com/a/WWVPVW0

What changed? If its about the removing you as having helped you write the application, it's not personal. A member of UA informed me that only one person could be listed for that, and Perchance had read over the application and given me some pointers for the essay sections. 

One thing is helping someone make a staff app, and another is recommending someone for staff. Since you didn't respond, I thought you ignored me, which changed my neutral to -1. 

EDIT: I've reread your statement. I didn't even know you listed me. I thought you'd reach out first to sit down and read it over. It wouldn't make sense only to throw a name in.

Edited by Saito

+1 While I do sometimes see you test the boundaries of people to know how much you bothered them, I think that's no difference from the average joe who plays the server. Otherwise, you have a good understanding of the rules.

What About Pie: Maneki-neko

I'll give it a +1, I know you've had breakdowns as I've personally been apart of one of them, good giggle, however I feel like if you did become a Staff Member you might learn how to deal with situations accordingly, don't forget we are like retail workers... we dont smile but we HAVE to... that kinda thing.

Best of luck! 

+1

+1

hell yeah

+1

duh

+1

Meem can be incredibly bashful over incredibly minor statements or situations, while he is sometimes solid for a few IC positions I don't think he'd make the best for staff. 

Neutral.

+1

Some learning should happen, minor set backs make you bashful, I dont think he is ready for staff yet.